Who we are
Our website address is: https://localsparktorbay.org.
Local Spark CIC Limited (Local Spark) exists to advance public education regarding the arts, and promote and provide recreational facilities in the town. To achieve these things, we will………………………………………….. We are locally-owned, and our community trust us to use any personal information they give us responsibly, and keep it safe. You can contact us using the details at the end of this section of our privacy notice,
This privacy notice lets you know what to expect from Local Spark about how we use and store your information, what other organisations may be able to access it and how we may contact you in the future. In some cases, we may provide further information in an additional privacy notice.
We take our data protection obligations seriously. Everything we do with your personal information will be in line with these principles (which are laid out in the General Data Protection Regulation):
- process all personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
- collect personal information for a specified, explicit and legitimate purpose,
- ensure that the personal information processed is adequate, relevant and limited to the purposes for which it was collected,
- ensure the personal information is accurate and up to date,
- keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and
- keep your personal information securely, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We welcome any questions about how we process and safeguard your data and will be happy to respond to any requests or concerns regarding your data rights.
Please contact us our Data Protection Director by email at: [email protected] or by post to:
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We will record information that is relevant to your relationship with us. This may include:
- contact details, such as name and address, email address and telephone numbers
- information about your membership of Local Spark,
- information about goods or services you have received from us
- images of you accessing our services, or at events
Local Spark does not record personal details about children. ???
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.